commitment.

You prove to me everyday that you are in this...
even when I doubt or am mean, you are still right there.
You surprise me.
I think its because I am not used to it.
My last relationship made me feel like its captain kept jumping ship.
Admittedly he did.
Its just what I am a custom to.
You make me feel apart of something greater.
Not like I am scrambling to stay afloat...
We are helping each other.
I am so excited for you to start the next chapter with me...
The chapter where you get a title and we have time to figure out the next step...
Where we both steer.
We set sail on life and look out onto the horizon...
Where we both fight the waves that try to wash us off our boat,
Where we both fight to keep us a float...
We stick to it. We keep our boat cruising into the sunset...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closer to the truth

Emotional work and christmas diatribes

finding out I am an IVF baby.