My life or something like it

I have never been shy about the things that make my life or break it. Call me liberal or a snowflake in my resolve but I am an extrovert and put things out there... or rather I used to. It has been awhile since I have put anything out there so this feels like a giant leap for me. My world has changed in a pivotal way. I had children. Yes, anyone reading this is going to say "oh here she is about to wax poetic about the joys of motherhood" but that is not where I am going with this. Fundamentally I changed. I changed in a big way. motherhood does that but more so I found myself. I found my strength and realized I could accomplish more than I gave myself credit for. I am motherfucking SheRah and all that is womanly, while at the same time still being me. How did this come to pass? Was it a simultaneous thing or was it a slow transition? I cannot really say. What I can say is that I found myself. In a dark time in my life, I found me and have never looked back. The frustration I see on people's faces when they thought they had me figured only to go back to the drawing board, no doubt is why some people have distanced themselves.

Tonight I had a chat with my mother in law about how I have changed and that she thinks a lot of people blame the family dynamic I find myself in to be the root of that change, however, this is not the case. What is now apparent has always been there. She and I firmly believe that some people just didn't know me. Maybe that is my fault because I never really allowed people to see the real me, maybe I just didn't have the gall to say what was really on my mind, but I sure as hell do now.

I have never been shy, it was never about shyness but more so how I just didn't know me yet and come to terms with that. Now that I do I am unrelenting with who I am and how I raise my family. Doug gets it, he would have to in order to tolerate living with me (I say that like it is a burden but he would argue that it is no burden at all lol) There is strength in knowing one's self and I have found it.

So this is me... I am a badass and I am not going to apologize for art.

So get ready blog... this is about to get real.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closer to the truth

Emotional work and christmas diatribes

finding out I am an IVF baby.