Historical Love
When I was younger, there was a boy I was always in love with. I could not explain the magnetism this boy had on me... he just had something, a sparkle, and I was enamoured. Throughout the years I grew into adulthood, this boy had a infintismal hold on me. childhood love, or rather the respect for what I saw... because that love was so pure, so genuine on both sides, and yet nothing ever came of it. I wonder if anyone else has experienced that. A pure love that just sits and never amounts to anything but the joy that it happened? I sat there in my thoughts the other night thinking about this person who is a fully fledged individual and off in the world and I thought, wow that was something special... and then I started looking at the relationship and marriage I have now and was surprised to find that I found everything that i had wanted in that pure, early love, again but with my husband. It was also slightly eerie how similar they looked to each other, but that sparkle existed. That magnetism, but something else I hadn't experienced at the time, was fire or passion. I wonder sometimes about him and hope that he is well... that first love of mine. I hope he is succeeding in life, I hope that he has whatever he aspires for, and I hope that he holds those memories fondly as I do. I am glad that I found what I have, and I am happy with where my travels have taken me.
Comments