tango

I move to the beat.
I feel free and weightless.
I feel incorporeal,
as if I am the music and it is me
I look up and see eyes.
Judging and malicious, as if they could understand.
They don't know how I feel, they don't know why.
I feel freedom joined with passion.
I feel a hand move around my waist?
I turn to look and am not surprised.
my hand slips into the grasp of a partner.
Being lead around the floor I feel excited.
Not one person has been able to lead me and you are accomplishing the task.
So many partners previous, so many failures.
I move, you move.
As if it were a challenge of dominance.
I will try to win.
It is in my nature to challenge, to fight, to win.
I will not give up.
I gather neither will you.
the intensity of the challenge and the passion explodes...
chaos controlled in our frame.
The song ends.
I am now me and you are now you.
we save all emotions for the next dance.
When we have a chance to prove once and for all, we are the dance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closer to the truth

Emotional work and christmas diatribes

finding out I am an IVF baby.