selflessness

I am at peace.
I feel tranquility wash over me.
Lying here in thought of you.
Perplexing, yet brings a smile to my face.
I smile and think of how happy I am,
or rather how happy you make me.
I don't worry about upsetting you or what I will do to screw this up.
I worry about your well being and what I can do to make you happy.
you are in control of your own happiness,
I know this,
yet I want to help you achieve it.
I want to see you aspire to be something greater,
and help you accomplish it.
I look at you and smile.
Your pictures give me solace for the time we do not spend together.
I whisper your name in hopes it will bring you to me sooner.
love is blinding,
I think I am starting to lose my sight.
All my hopes and wants are for you to be well.
it is a new feeling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closer to the truth

Emotional work and christmas diatribes

finding out I am an IVF baby.