my angel

I see you,
your beautiful cherubim face.
Framed by tawny, wild hair.
Your face strong and beautiful.
Serious is your reaction to me.
I realize I may have done something.
I cannot look away from your face.
When I do I am lost.
I see my aid and my judge.
he looks as if he was chiseled from grace.
I look back up to him and I am overthrown.
He is shaking his head at me.
I know what i have done and so does he.
Here stands my angry angel.
I have some explaining to do, yet I don't feel guilty.
How could I?
I am awe struck and my head swims.
I focus and then let go.
His definitive tone tells me the time for repentance is at hand.
I cannot seem to pull it from me.
here we stand, at the ends of time and I cannot do what my angel asks of me.
Inept I stand, a lonely withered, and jaded young woman.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closer to the truth

Emotional work and christmas diatribes

finding out I am an IVF baby.