Faced with the eventuality you have two options, fight or flight.
I have always been a fighter but I feel weak.
Everyone is banking on me being strong through all of this, but there is a moment or two of doubt.
Doubt that I can survive this as a whole person, that some part of me will be chipped away and gone forever.
I am not prepared for what is to come, but I really don't have a choice.
I have to be strong, be tough, and resilient.
This will test my mettle, make me change, and adapt.
I am not prepared.
Tears are streaming down my face, my heart hurts and my chest aches and yet I know that what I am about to go through will be the final chapter of a book I am not prepared to put down.
This will leave me with 30 wondrous memories for every 1 bad memory.
This will shake me to my core and make me appreciate the little things. This will make me realize how special and important the little moments are.
From waking up in my childhood room to being held when it felt like my world was falling apart.
My world is crumbling around me, but I know that I was taught to be resilient. I have an excellent teacher.
Faced with the eventuality, you have two options: fight or flight.
I choose to fight until I have nothing left.
Comments