Triggers

Cancer is triggering. 
I have been seeing many of my friends and acquaintances struggling with cancer diagnoses and that terror wells up in my throat. I don't want to live in an echo chamber and I know that these individuals need love and support, but all I feel like doing is fleeing. I realize that given everything I have just gone through, facing my own mortality is normal, and yet, I am petrified. My friends of mine are young and have no business dealing with such hardships, but life is never fair and rarely makes sense. I want to be there for them, but I realize that my mother's illness has caused trauma. I feel pathetic to feel this way because their struggles are much more vast than mine and yet here I am, hearing about another friend who is fighting for their life and I cannot bring myself to snap out of this funk. I feel a visceral response to hearing it. It makes me ill to the point where I have no idea how to interact and feel cold. Sweat beads on my forehead and I realize that what I am feeling is a shock. I wish the world was kinder, I wish cancer would just fuck right off. I also believe that 31 much like 37 and even 64 is way too fucking young. 

The moral of the story is cancer is utter fucking bullshit, I am pretty traumatized and still working through what I have gone through. 

What I am trying to say is if you can be anything, be kind and facing mortality is brutal for anyone. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closer to the truth

Emotional work and christmas diatribes

finding out I am an IVF baby.