Polar Opposites
I find it funny that two people can have children that are so very very different.
The same genes mixed up to make someone so incredibly different that it is odd that they came from the same parents, and yet here they are.
I look at my sister and I wonder how we were cut from the same cloth. We are very very different. She would rather lounge on the couch while I am outside with dad cutting away the ice and shoveling the back deck and roof off. She is gifted where science and math are easy to her when I actually have to work really hard to understand the advanced functions that she can do off the top of her head.
It blows my mind at how different we are, and how we respond to things so differently. She jumps to anger first and is on the attack. I am more emotional and feel it. If I cry she responds by calling me a baby or some other sarcastic name but if I get to a spot of anger, the tears come and I find myself shaking. Doug even has said he does not understand how we came from the same family. We have a similar look to us, sure... but we have always had a different sense of style and focused on different things.
Even our outlooks on the world are different.
We came from the same parents, but couldn't be any more different.
Comments